Thursday 9 November 2017

Existential Blog Questions

I feel very lackluster as of late. I'm not inspired to work on the blog. I have so much content lined up from my trips to the UK in the spring and Newfoundland in the summer, but I just can't bring myself to spend the time and sit down to write the posts, edit the photos or even promote the blog on social media.


Part of the issue is that I've been working the day job quite a bit lately which involves day and evening shifts, sometimes in the same day and its just left me dog-tired. When I do have a bit of free time, I just can't muster the energy to anything but mentally prepare to go back to work.

I'm finding also, and not proudly I might add, I've been having some serious blogger envy, fellow bloggers might know this feeling. You follow some bad-ass bloggers and lady bosses and once in a while you wish it was you that was ruling the internet--taking names and getting shit done. When really you are just sitting in front of your computer with a list of site maintenance to-dos and an armload of articles to read about building your blog/your brand/your numbers, when really all you want to do (and lets be honest, actually do) is watch instagram stories, drink tea, and plan a make believe trip to Bali.


I thoroughly love blogging. I enjoy the writing, taking photos, creating the general content. What I'm wondering now though is, is blogging something I'm content with being a small (very small) side project that I'm purely doing for my own enjoyment and the few followers I do happen to have (I dearly love each of you)? Or do I actually want to grow this somewhat schizophrenic little blog into something that can fulfill me both emotionally and financially?

Do I have a distinct enough voice? Do I even have a voice? What is my niche? Is it unique enough? It is what I want? Is it what you want? Where are my pants?

Am I uninspired because I'm not seeing the results I want or merely because I'm tired and just need a little nap?

So many questions, fellow bloggers have you had these kinds of feelings? I'm not ready to quit you, {Erin Out and About}, but how do I get inspired again?

Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

4 comments:

  1. This is how I've been feeling about social media lately. I just cannot get myself inspired to post anything, and sometimes I don't even feel like scrolling through my instagram feed anymore to see what everyone else has posted, which is something I used to love to do even if I didn't have anything to share myself. I've been concentrating a lot more on my blog lately, so I'm not sure if it's because that's taking up my free time or if I've just fallen out of love entirely with all social media. I hope you always continue to write here, though. I really enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alot of us have felt like this at one time or another in our lives. Sometimes its just a rest period we need sometimes its a block. The colour around leaves us (or me in this instance). Then something happens and all of a sudden colour comes back into our life and we become inspired again. Sometimes you have to push it and its hard but gets easier as time passes and you feel back to being inspired again. Go see a new something. It won't necessarily inspire you but it will give you a breather to view new things. And STAY POSITIVE. That's the most important thing! If you become negative inspiriation will be harder to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this comment Sarah! It's nice to know I'm not alone in this feeling. Social media is a crazy beast, I think I still like it, but maybe we just need a little break.
    I'm glad you enjoy my posts, that means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting this out there to the blogosphere has been a big help in itself. I think you're right, seeing new things will help give me life again. Thanks for the lovely advice, mama bear!

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...