Thursday 18 February 2016

Wandering Through Wandlebury

After spending a few days in London I scooted my way up (or is it over?) to Cambridge to spend some time with my soul sister there. Part of her planned itinerary was a hike through Wandlebury Country Park located between Cambridge and Haverhill in the Gog Magog Hills. According to their website the park is accessible via public transportation (Stagecoach Citiplus X13 and X13a) as well as by food, bike and car. 

The park has an incredible history that dates back to the 5th century and has an Iron Age Hill Fort and a Roman road! There are over 8 miles of nature walks, an ornithology viewing post, and paddocks with Highland cows grazing. On the day we visited it wasn't particularly muddy, but it certainly can be.

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park
Roman road, super straight!

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park
bird watching

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park

Just up the road is the Gog Magog Hill Farm Shop. Oh-Em-Gee! I was a fan of this place. If I didn't have limited space in my luggage I could have easily walked away with an armful of goodies. Instead, we found a seat in the cafe and snacked on super British treats, a pot of tea, a sausage roll, and a Scotch Egg with a lovely, decadent brownie to share.

{ErinOutandAbout} Wandlebury Park



Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...