Tuesday 3 February 2015

Benefits of Blogging: Link up



I started this blog when I first made the decision to move to London back in 2012. It was to be a travel blog that documented my journey and to keep in touch with my friends back home. As time marched on, the blog developed more into a personal platform where I recorded my thoughts and daily adventures; a way to connect with my parents "so father doesn't worry". And then two unexpected things happened. I began meeting new, like-minded, fellow bloggers--ironically IRL and I rediscover my love of writing.

When I first moved to London and I would be introduced to new people I would only sometimes bring up the fact that I blogged (never that I was actually a blogger), and even then, only if the conversation lead that way, would I sheepishly mention it. God forbid people knew about it. The turning point came when I met Selena and in her found a motiblogger tm (I know, it doesn't really work--how about blogspiration tm?) and my circle of friends widened. Next came #LDNBloggersTea and I was introduced to a whole group of inspiriting, creative, supportive bloggers and I was proud to say I was one too.

I used to really fancy writing, but since the last day of high school's writer's craft class, I hadn't really put pen to paper creatively, in a very long time. Sure I wrote essays, abstracts, biographies, and even a dissertation, in the ensuing years, but those were more blood to paper than an artistic expression. Blogging has brought me back to what I used to love and in a way that feels (mostly) free, informal, and most importantly, fun.

I think it's these two reasons that keep me blogging, this is my constant in my current unsettled life.
...............................
This post is part of the monthly link up hosted by Emma, Rebecca, and Kelly. Check out their posts and the others that participated in this month's travel link up.

10 comments:

  1. Elizabeth HardingFebruary 04, 2015

    Ahh yes these London Blogger Afternoon tea's make me jealous! You're lucky you get to go to them - take advantage of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has to be fun or else what's the point! Great to hear you are loving writing again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A motiblogger, that's the first time I've heard that expression! Glad you are enjoying blogging so much - the tea was great, maybe you should have a Canadian one!

    Suze | LuxuryColumnist

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny, I've never thought of myself as a writer (still don't!) but we are, aren't we?
    (Loving the new blog look btw!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The #LDNBloggersTea are excellent and I'm glad I got to go to a few of them. Maybe I'll have to arrange a visit to London around the time of the next one. You should do the same Elizabeth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true, Sara. Thanks for popping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking about it. I'll have to get some tips on how to start one up in the T.O

    ReplyDelete
  8. We totally are. If I can accept that I'm a blogger, than you can accept you're a writer. And a mighty fine one at that, I'd like to add.
    And thanks for the compliment. Been working away at a new look to go along with new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Erin! I love your blog and I'm so glad that you are a blogger. I can feel connected to you even though you are back in Canada. I miss you terribly. London isn't the same without you. Let's plan another Skype date soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That means so much! Skype very soon!!!! Miss you xx

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...