Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas Treats: 2012

Today I'm talking about food. Since I've been travelling aka living out of a suitcase, I've mentioned before that I miss cooking. As I'm home for the Christmas holidays (yay! 3 weeks home with my puppy) I decided that I wanted to make a special Christmas treat a day until Christmas day.
(click through some to see the original recipe).

1. I started off simply and I made holiday Rice Krispy Treats. Seeing the red and green made me nostalgic and craving these tasty treats.



2. Oyster Crackers, my grandma used to make these for me when I visited and I could never get enough! I attempted these in the summer, but got distracted and burned them all. similar recipe


3. Peanut Butter Fudge. Again a recipe from my grandmother. She passed away late last month and it's nice to still have her part of this Christmas.


4. Cranberry Shortbread my mum insisted they should be in squares, but I like to go outside the box...or rather follow the recipe exactly.


5. Chewy Molasses Cookies this was a big hit with my family. They were sorry to have to share them.


6. Homemade Toffee, like a Skor bar. Can't stop eating this.


7. Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies to be completed....

8. ??? Any holiday treat suggestions?




If you do try making any of these holiday treats yourself  do leave me a comment below and tell me how it went! I'd love to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...