Friday 26 October 2012

Cambridge Style

As my days in Cambridge are coming to an end, my friend asked me if the city was what I thought it would be. As I reflected on her question I realized that having been to England before, I did have an expectation of what Cambridge would be like and it really wasn't what I had imagined.
Knowing the kind of history this city has with its colleges, old buildings and small historic city centre, I was expecting it to be much more stuffy and elitist than it turned out to be.  Sure, there are those aspects to it, but generally I find the city to be diverse and community driven, like many university towns are.
I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here (it helped that I was staying with a friend and we've visited many pubs)  and have especially enjoyed seeing the fashion worn by the many, many (many) cyclists; it's just so much more chic when on a bike. (case in point: Bicycling - Parisian style)

Here are two outfit inspirations I've seen around town as they've cycled past me.
Cambridge Style 1



FOSSIL long sleeve button up shirt / Skinny ponte pants, $33 / Steven by Steve Madden leather boots / Big Buddha / Charlotte Russe rhinestone jewelry / Retro Bicycle Watercolor Painting Original

Cambridge Style 2



Jane Norman layered dress, $48 / Mango denim jean jacket, $72 / Hue hosiery / Keds flat heels / Madewell knapsack bag / Vanessa Mooney bohemian necklace



Fun travels!

ps. you might also be interested in checking out my current fav Cambridge blogger: A Girl, A Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...