Wednesday 11 April 2012

Leave Behind the Ordinary

I came across this great article on HelloGiggles called 'The Art of Reinventing Yourself Through Travel' by Stephanie Spitler.

It's about discovering things about yourself that you might not have know before starting your journey.

"One of the best things about travelling is embracing and exploring different parts of your personality."

I agree, travelling allows you to be a different person, possibly someone more adventurous that talks to strangers just because they are also Canadian or jumping on that train you think might be heading where you want to go.

I've been a few places and have learned some along the way. In Paris, I discovered that I'm not so much scared of heights as I am getting up there ie. the elevator ride up the Eiffel Tower was more terrifying than actually being at the top looking down.

In Slovakia at a train luggage storage, I confirmed that charades is a universal language and you can really count on the kindness of strangers.

In London, I had one of the best sandwiches of my life in a dodgy, off the high street cafe, I would never consider stepping foot into at home.

So get out there! Even if it's just a weekend road trip; "Travel is an occasion that calls for leaving behind the ordinary, in every facet of your life."




Fun travels!

Quotes from "The Art of Reinventing Yourself Through Travel"

*Since publishing this post the article I link to has disappeared.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...