Thursday 9 February 2017

Isla Incahuasi: Unexpected Loveliness

The cactus forest or Isla Incahuasi, was the 2nd stop on our Salt Flats tour (check out the Train Graveyard) and popped out of nowhere from the white reflective grounds of the Salar de Uyuni. The rocky outcrop of land is 3,656 meters above sea level and 61 acres (24.62 hectares) with giant cactuses (or is it cacti?) and a 360 panorama of the world's largest salt flat.

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

Although I knew we would be stopping at this island, but I really didn't know what to expect. It turned out to be one of my favourite spots of the whole tour. 

I take a lot of photos generally, but even I was surprised by how each corner along the 1 hour long walking path threw up a new captivating scene that I just had to capture. 

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi


{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi

{ErinOutandAbout} Isla Incahuasi









Oh how this place delighted me. Being on a tour, we were there for a limited time, but I could have spent so much more time there, just soaking in the crazy beauty of these spiky plants.






Ever been somewhere you weren't expecting much and it was the opposite? Tell me about it

Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...