Thursday 22 January 2015

The Day I was a Giant in Mini Europe

As a kid, I used to love tiny villages. There were several in Ontario that I have fond memories and awkward preteen photos of visits there. When I heard there was a 'miniature' Europe in Brussells, I was super excited to plan a visit for when I was headed to Belgium for a long weekend. 

Mini-Europe is exactly what you'd expect; it's not super thrilling, but their amazing attention to detail and the cool sense of gigantism you get walking around, is worth a visit in my books.

I particularly enjoyed the location next to the Atomium, it made for interesting photos. Had we timed it better, we could have also checked out this 1958 World's Fair structure, getting lofty views of Brussels, however, due to heavy rain, hunger, the late hour, and general travel grumpiness, it was not meant to be.

The Monument of Freedom, Latvia and University of Vilnius, Lithuania

Collegiate, Dinant, Belgium

The Exchange, Copenhagen, Denmark


Nyhavn, Copenhagen, Denmark


Remembering WWI Cemeteries

Grand Place, Brussels, Belgium

Graslei, Ghent, Belgium

Belfry and Halles, Bruges, Belgium


Alden Biesen, Belgium

Town Hall, Antwerp, Belgium



The ferry from Dover to France

Royal Crescent, Bath, England

Pompidou Centre, Paris, France


Sacre-Coeur, Paris, France


Palazzo Ducale, Venice, Italy

Brandenburger, Berlin, Germany

3 comments:

  1. Haha - look at all the tiny little people! But you're so little yourself, Miss Out&About!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this attraction. If only it hadn't rained so hard, the tiny people had biblical floods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place! I love that kind of miniature town/whatever museums too. I lived in West Cork, Ireland, for about a year, and there's that little "Model railway village" there just outside Clonakily. It shows the little towns that were along the old railroad through West Cork. I guess it's not that fun if you aren't familiar with West Cork, but if you are, it's a fabulous place.

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...