Tuesday 17 June 2014

Le Mas de L'ile: Part 2, the Breakfasts

I have to revisit Le Mas de L'Ile, figuratively speaking although I wouldn't mind doing it literally speaking again, to tell you about the most important part about staying at this wonderful accommodation. Breakfast. Sorry, make that BREAKFAST! (it just didn't seem epic enough with lower case letters). 
It was served every morning in this vine covered gazebo, between 8:30-9:30. We had a few early starts to our days and tried to cancel our breakfast order, but Valerie wouldn't hear of it. She got up extra early to accommodate our travel schedule and said it was no trouble at all. What service!



No fry-ups here, just good old fashioned healthy fruit with yogurt and honey, fresh orange juice, croissants and a different selection of jams each day, and a special item of the day, from muffins to brioche. Did I mention that most of this stuff was hand made. I think the almond pastry was the winning favourite, sadly I ate up all it's delicate deliciousness before I thought to take a photo to share.
My one issue, and I think the ladies would agree, it would have been nice to get the coffees/teas brought out first, in order for us to sit back quietly sipping while we were catered to. But I'm not going to be picky.










We couldn't have asked for a more perfect host or  setting to devour our tasty breakfast each day. I would take a moment to sit back, inhale the sweet fresh air, listening to the birds and cicadas before committing one of the deadly sins of gluttony. I'm okay with this. 



Fun travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...