Wednesday 19 September 2012

Oh What to Wear...

My flight to GB is booked! Now my next question is...what do I wear?! I've done the grungy sweatpant look, I've done the uncomfortable jeans, I've even done the pretty little outfit that didn't keep me warm so this time I thought I'd see what the interweb had for advice on this topic. Here's what I've discovered (and I played with Polyvore)

First outfit

Here I've chosen a loose fitting sweater paired with leggings, boots and a scarf. Shoes that are easy to slip on and off will make life easier when settling into your seat or doing a tour down the aisles of the plane. Also wearing thicker socks, like athletic socks, will keep your feet warm and dry. Adding a scarf to an outfit will also help with drafty air ports or air conditioned planes. 

Long Flight Outfit 1


Uniqlo cotton tunic, $32 / Dorothy Perkins black legging / Kitten heel shoes / Big Buddha drawstring bag / Miso cuff bracelet, $13 / Sakdidet Road feather necklace, $48 / Charlotte Russe floral scarve

Second outfit

Normally jeans, no matter how comfortable in normal life can dig in and feel tight on long flights. Jeggings, however, are the answer. They are stretchy and quite comfortable. I've matched these with a flowy tee and layered with a cardigan. Again, the layers will keep you warm or make for a great pillow in any situation. A large handbag is a great solution to limiting weight restrictions and keeping everything you will need for the flight close at hand; snacks, magazines, laptop, toothbrush.





Cotton cardigan / Mango black tank top, $14 / Wet Seal destroyed skinny jeans / Star shoes / Debenhams quilted shoulder bag, $50

Third outfit

This one is my personal favourite, elephant on a bike and a mustache bag? Come'on! (Sometimes I wish I really could own my Polyvore closet). This is not the outfit to be wearing when you are meeting a long lost love at the other end of the long flight, but it is great for curling up on your single seat and trying to sleep.  Keeping jewelry and accessories to a minimum will be more comfortable and also make going through security speedier. 


Long Flight Outfit 3




Fat Face striped hoodie, $67 / American Apparel screen printed t shirt / Activewear pants / Puma cat shoes / Canvas handbag


If you are interested in more airplane fashions visit  these  sites.



Fun travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...