Tuesday 31 July 2012

Vacation Packing


Every year my family rents a cottage (camp) for a week in Colchester, Vermont. As such the panic for packing for a 10 day trip away from home sets in. I thought that I might do a post about my tips for packing, however it turned into a “I want to pack everything summery I own, this is my last chance to wear it all!”
I notoriously over pack. Since we drive down I always figure I can take just one more thing, even if I have to drive 8 hours with it on my lap. But this year I thought I’d try to not over pack and not just throw a bunch of stuff in a suitcase.  Taking a page from this article and fashion bloggers everywhere, I grabbed a weekenderbag and started pulling some of my favourite items keeping in mind possible outfits. I tried to stay with one colour palate in order to have a wider range of options. Like George Costanza, I happen to dress based on mood.
I still did my typical, throw-a-few-extra-things-in-the-car-at-the-last-minute-before-heading-out with a few items though. Obviously that can't be helped.

     How do you pack for a week vacation?


 As I packed I was struck with a thought. “How am I ever going to pack for England.”



Fun travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...