Thursday 14 November 2013

Real Street Food Festival

Last week while flipping through my fav free magazine, and came across the ad for the Real Street Food Festival happening this past weekend. Sad that I had missed the event over the summer I was pleased to see that I would be able to check out this last of the quarterly street food festivals in London. 

I just love street food. I don't know what it is about eating food and drink from a stall or food truck that makes what I'm ordering seem so much more special. Maybe it's its impermanence  or handcrafted air that makes it seem that its just special for me on this day that draws me in. I don't even mind eating outside while standing or wondering the other stalls to see what else looks appetizing. 









I had a hard time deciding what to try first and went a bit adventurous...and vegan. The red was a beetroot one, orange (the best) sweet potato, green was kale (?), purple was cabbage. 



It looks like grass!

This sweets truck was very cute, right down to the frilly apron on the big burly man.
It was a small festival of about 30 stalls serving food and adult beverages--alcoholic hot chocolate, yes please!--and live music.




Best damn steak sandwich I've ever had.




Fun travels!

5 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I too love street food. I love the hustle and bustle of it all, the standing or sitting in a gutter enjoying it on a paper plate - it just tastes so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does just taste better! Glad I'm not alone in this. If you're interested I think the next one is Dec 19, sadly (but not too sad) I will miss it because I will be in Canada.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I totally missed this one. Looks yummy! Did you know there's currently another Street Feast happening in London? It's a night market with London's best street food. I'm going to check it out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting! Yes, it's on my to-do list too! Maybe I'll get a chance next weekend. You'll have to let me know how it is :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yum! I want to check that out for sure! I love street food and exploring the local food...be it in Thailand or there in London! There were so many great options when we were at the Portobello Road Market in Notting Hill. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...