Thursday 20 June 2013

Mudchute City Farm -- ee-eye-ee-eye-oh!


The other week a friend and I decided to visit the 32 acre site in the middle of the Isle of Dogs called the Mudchute City Farm. The weather wasn't the greatest, but if we waiting for a sunnier day in London, a year may pass by before we ventured out to see the lovely, sweet farm animals at the farm.

So off we went. 








(none of the goats or sheep screamed like humans. I was disappointed)


The pigs did snort while they slept though.


This horse was mean to the donkeys that tried to share in the treats





Selena living the life of a blogger (she got some really cute photos of the animals)
A friend of mine showed me the difference between a llama and an alpaca, this is me demonstrating a llama (lama glama). 






There were even allotments on the site. I don't know why but I love the idea of allotments all over the place in hidden and unexpected places.


Such beautiful views and pathways through the park and farm site. I highly recommend a visit. They are free and open to the community and they often hold events, check out their website for a list of dates.





Fun travels!

2 comments:

  1. Hello there!
    What a great blog you have!
    I've looked for a way to follow you. But Im on my phone so maybe I didn't see it!!
    I like the Hackney farm zoo but I knew nothing of this one!! I'll visit for sure!!
    I look forward to reading more of your blog!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tammy!
      Oh dear, I'm not very techie so I don't know what to tell you about following. I'll look into this.
      And thanks for the tip about Hackney farm zoo. I'll have to check it out.
      Sorry it took me so long to reply; summer colds will knock you down!

      erin

      Delete

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...