Thursday 14 April 2016

Best Views of Paris

Iconic cities usually have iconic skylines. That means if you view the city of let's say Paris from the Eiffel Tower, you are missing the best bit of the skyline by being in the very structure the city is known for. Don't get me wrong, taking the diagonal lift up (or stairs if you are adventurous) to the viewing decks of the Eiffel Tower is something spectacular and a must do at least once in your lifetime, however seeing the city for what it's famous for is also a must do in my books.

{ErinOutandAbout} Printemps Views
Eiffel Tower in the distance

To the Google machine! I discovered a place called Printemps Haussmann, a great big department store which fellow bloggers were calling "The Best Views of Paris".  I might just have to agree. We happened to arrive around sunset and took the 9 flights of escalators up to the rooftop terrace and after admiring the cityscape views we decided to actually sit down and enjoy a hot drink while the sun sank into the horizon behind my treasured Eiffel Tower.

{ErinOutandAbout} Printemps Views
Paris Opera House

{ErinOutandAbout} Printemps Views
L'église de la Madeleine

La Basilique du Sacre Coeur de Montmartre


Printemps




Well worth the free admission and accidentally perfectly timed arrival. I couldn't have imagined a better view.

Have you visited Printemps for the views? Do you have a better spot to scope out this iconic skyline?


Don't miss a post! 
Sign up for email posts (found on the sidebar), like my facebook page, or follow me on bloglovin'. You can also keep up with my instagram feed and I occasionally tweet.

Let's get social

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...